4 Days Masai Mara / Lake Nakuru Camping Safari
Day One: Nairobi / Masai Mara
Depart Nairobi early in the morning and drive along the floor of the Rift Valley to Maasai Mara arriving at the camp in the afternoon well in time for lunch. Later proceed on an evening game drive exploring the vast plains, game and birdlife of Masai Mara. Dinner and overnight at the campsite.
Meal Plan: L, D
Day Two: Masai Mara
Spend the whole day game viewing in Kenya's most popular game sanctuary where you will have the best opportunity of spotting the Big Five (lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino and elephant). Optional visit to a local Maasai village at $20 per person or hot air balloon ride at $450. Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Meal Plan: B, L, D
Day Three: Masai Mara / Lake Nakuru
Morning game drive then return to the campsite for breakfast; depart the camp and drive back through the Masai town of Narok for lunch and afterwards continue across the plains to Nakuru town where you will spend the night in a budget hotel.
Meal Plan: B, L, D
Day Four: Lake Nakuru / Nairobi
After early morning breakfast, proceed for an extensive morning game drive in L. Nakuru National park. Lake Nakuru is famous for the million of flamigos that flock the lake giving the lake a pink outlook from a distance, there are approx 400 other species of birds visiting the lake and many species of plains game in the park. Hot lunch at Lake Nakuru budget hotel then depart and drive back to Nairobi arriving late afternoon.
Meal Plan: B, L
Things To Do
- Game Drives.
- Visit a local masai village.
- Masai guided walk.
- Take a balloon ride.
Tour Cost Includes:
- Transport in a customized safari vehicle with a pop up roof.
- Park entrance fees.
- Accommodation in a budget tented campsite.
- Services of an English speaking driver guide.
- Game drives.
- Complimentary bottled water.
Tour Cost Excludes:
- International or regional airfares.
- Expenditure of personal nature such as telephone calls, snacks, hard drinks, soft drinks and laundry.
- Travel insurance.
Masai Mara & Lake Nakuru Facts
- Area: Masai Mara - 1510 km² | Lake Nakuru 188 km²
- Park Fees: Masai Mara - 80usd | Lake Nakuru 60usd
- Alt: Masai Mara 1500 m - 2180 m | Lake Nauru 1753m - 2073m
- Temp: Masai Mara - 15°C - 30°C | Lake Nakuru - 20°C - 30°C
- Coldest Months: June & July.
- Hottest Months: January & February.
- Best Time To Go: All Year Round.
- Departures: Dailly.
ESSENTIALS FOR YOUR TRIP
- Change of clothes and comfortable shoes.
- A towel if u prefer your own but you will be offered a towel at the camp
- Personal items i.e. female or male hygiene supplies.
- Camera & extra batteries or charger.
- Sense of humor, an open mind and positive attitude.